Monday 25 October 2010

The story of the DIY music video.

Whist beavering away last week trying to finish my last project I was listening to some late night radio on on Radio 1. It was one of the 'stories' features and this week they were looking at the phenomenon of music videos, as well as videos created by fans. They had many interviews with creators or directors of some of the videos featured. I think it offered a great insight into the world of music videos as it is something that I don't really know anything about. It also may proove usefull for the new my brief which is based on mapping music. I found this broadcast really inspiring as it made me really want to make my own fan video for some of my favorite artists/bands! Below are some of my favorite videos that were featured. I think you can still catch the 'story' on www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/stories. Enjoy!!! x

Daft Hands- Austin Hall


Oxford Comma- Vampire Weekend


Gabe Askew fan video for Grizzly Bear- Two Weeks


Radiohead- Jigsaw Falling Into Place






No comments:

Post a Comment