Friday 8 April 2011

Book covers

My latest project was to design a series of book covers for a set of four travel guides. We had to come up with our target audience and the 'big idea' of the book covers. I decided that I wanted to aim my travel guides at young people who were going away without their parents for the first time. I wanted the guides not to look like a travel guide so people wouldn't be embarrassed to use them, and also for them to be light weight and east to carry. 





I used pattern as a way to distract eye from the travel guide features. For each of the cities I wanted to echo an artistic style that originated there and this was channeled into the patterns. I am happy with these covers but am planning to extend the project further into more of a digital realm. Other than that a thoroughly enjoyable project where I had a bit of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment