Sunday 20 March 2011

Pick Me Up


I ventured home this weekend not just to visit family but to go to the Pick Me Up graphics fair/ exhibition being held at Somerset house. Prior to going I had read a lot about the 2010 one, so I had high expectations for this years! And it did live up to my expectations. It was truly amazing. I think i could have spent pretty much all day there, not just looking at all the lovely things on offer, but watching artists and designers in action. Anthony Burrill and print club london had moved their studios there so you could ask the artists questions and see them in action. There were also other collectives housed in their own small rooms that became their own little worlds, and zine swap on in the Make It Up area.
There was art on sale from a specially selected 24 'up and coming graphic artists'. I purchased a rather lovely geometric print from Kate Moross! Also bought two lovely postcards from the Nobrow stall. (see them below)
Both the identity and the signage for the exhibition were really good as well and it was nice to see after my art gallery branding project. It injected the feeling of fun with the use of bright colours, geometric shapes, and pin board display panels.
  Altogether a lovely day out, and some well needed me time! Felt nice to be back in London and walking around all my favourite places. x

No comments:

Post a Comment